VW Confirms ID.3 With Biggest Battery Seats Only Four

All Volkswagen ID3 related discussions
Rob
Site Admin
Been thanked: 0

VW Confirms ID.3 With Biggest Battery Seats Only Four

Post by Rob » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:01 pm

According to Battery Life, Volkswagen has confirmed that the ID.3 will be a five-seater only in two battery versions: 45 kWh and 58 kWh, while the 77 kWh battery will be a four-seater. Moreover, the biggest battery pack can not be combined with a panoramic roof. The reason for that seems to be weight - it would be too high with the assumption of the fifth passenger.

ID.3.JPG

The 45 kWh and 58 kWh version with a panoramic roof will be allowed to get a bike rack.

As for charging - It's expected that, depending on the battery version and trim, the peak power will be 50 kW, 100 kW or 125 kW DC fast charging. The 125 kW peak was confirmed by Volkswagen.

I suspect this sounds like a bigger deal than it actually is. 4 seats will be more than sufficient for most, who sits in the middle of a Golf sized car anyway?

VWIDOwner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: VW Confirms ID.3 With Biggest Battery Seats Only Four

Post by VWIDOwner » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:38 am

Huh! This whole explanation really gives you a good idea as to how much the battery power correlates with how much weight is in the vehicle. The model shown here looks really sharp, but I know some people will likely be turned away from the fact that they can only fit 4 in there. It’s definitely on my shopping list once they come to market!