ID-3 Coming to the US? YES!

New to the Volkswagen ID Forums? Introduce yourself here
its-me

ID-3 Coming to the US? YES!

Post by its-me » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:18 pm

I just received an email from a VW dealer in Colorado. The ID-3 will be coming to the US by 2022

Bob Penkus Volvo Mazda Volkswagen

This was the reply asking if the ID3 will ever come to the US.

My GM just got back from a Volkswagen Corporate GM/Owners Meeting. The iD3 and the ID Buzz are guaranteed going to be released.

Rob
Site Admin

Re: ID-3 Coming to the US? YES!

Post by Rob » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:35 pm

That's great to hear. The US is too big a market to ignore so I assumed something should happen over the next few years.

its-me

Re: ID-3 Coming to the US? YES!

Post by its-me » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:01 pm

Well it will be 2022 and I will get it as soon as they are available to purchase. I have had many vehicles over the years and in our senior years a smaller vehicle is much easier to drive and park. We purchased a 2006 Scion Xa new and it only has 65,000 miles on it. Our last favorite vehicle was a 1992 Ford Taurus, now it is the Scion Xa. Since 2006 we also had 4 other cars. A BMW 740il Sport, 2006 Corvette, Ford and KIA. Retired so two vehicles are no longer needed. We were waiting for the id3 and then found out, not in the US market. The size is perfect. What we like also about the Xa is you sit high and easier to see ahead down the road. Even a few inches higher in the id3. So, I am figuring better battery and more options by 2022. At our age it will probably our last car. Zero problems with the Scion. But want all the new things that are offered and a space age vehicle. It must have a 350 mile single charge range. We cruise a lot and the two ports are 215 mile round trip. Traveling at 70 mph with the AC running and the radio I can expect that 350 to drop by 30%. That would put it at a safe 245 single charge. Perfect. Unless something else can compare with it, we will just have to sit back and wait.