What made you interested in the ID over other electronic cars?

All Volkswagen ID related discussions
Rndy34

What made you interested in the ID over other electronic cars?

Post by Rndy34 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:04 pm

I have been a long-time Volkswagen fan so when I heard about them making these cars, I had an interest in them right away. I didn't start actually researching them until just a month or so ago as I am able to afford to buy one now. I am currently leasing but the first car I actually owned was a used Volkswagen and I want to go back to that.

What made you interesting in going with the ID over other electronic cars on the market?

framed

Re: What made you interested in the ID over other electronic cars?

Post by framed » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:43 am

I really like the design language of the id family - they are modern, without being too out there. The layout of the id.4 looks really practical (thank you VW for including normal door handles) and, in my experience, the build quality and paint quality have always be exceptional on VWs.

The Korean SUV models seem okay, but a little small. Also, I don't like that they aren't built on a dedicated EV platform. And I don't like front wheel drive on EVs - the torque can mess with the steering.

Overall, I like the look of the Tesla Model Y and the Ford Mach E, (and their preliminary specs seem great) but the front end on each of those cars is kinda disturbing. The Tesla looks like it has a huge set of lips on the front, while the Ford has a sort of goofy cartoon face.

The deal maker/breaker for me, however, will ultimately be the EPA range. If the id.4 can get anywhere close to 300 miles, I'll be buying one.